• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Growler Air compressors

Wisky291

What does the air compressor in the very back do? It never comes on.. But everything works... It has to do something..

W427

It provides approximately 80 to 100 psig of air pressure from its tank for 1) Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS), 2) suspension air bladders (air bags), and 3) a quick-disconnect air fitting for general compressed-air use. If the compressor system is functioning and the controllers are working properly, it allows you to adjust equalized tire pressure on-the-fly or run-flat mode, and ride height to three preset positions. I would suggest getting the TM 1320-OR/B Operator's Manual for a full description of function and operation. Available service supplements and videos also outline service and maintenance.

Wisky291

It provides approximately 80 to 100 psig of air pressure from its tank for 1) Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS), 2) suspension air bladders (air bags), and 3) a quick-disconnect air fitting for general compressed-air use. If the compressor system is functioning and the controllers are working properly, it allows you to adjust equalized tire pressure on-the-fly or run-flat mode, and ride height to three preset positions. I would suggest getting the TM 1320-OR/B Operator's Manual for a full description of function and operation. Available service supplements and videos also outline service and maintenance.
Everything works great, but I never hear that compressor come on in the back , only the front.. Thank you..

W427

Everything works great, but I never hear that compressor come on in the back , only the front.. Thank you..
There is only one compressor. If you hear it run (you can't miss the loud piston pump), then it's hopefully pressurizing the air tank. The pressure switch is approximately 80 psi ON and 100 psi OFF. [EDIT] I am waiting for a reply from Wilspec for the specifications of the original pressure switch, and a new replacement part number if available.

Many/most of these ITVs have multiple leaks. You can pop a pressure gauge onto a QD fitting to test pressure on the labeled AIR disconnect (clean it first). Also, be sure to service your compressor and intake air filter, as many are falling apart (think intake ingestion) or caked with mud and crud so they can't breathe. Instructions for maintenance are in the TM. The POC in Yermo said some do not respond immediately, and jostling will get them "un-stuck", but that also means they need basic valve servicing (not complicated).

Last edited:

Wisky291

There is only one compressor. If you hear it run (you can't miss the loud piston pump), then it's hopefully pressurizing the air tank. The pressure switch is approximately 80 psi ON and 100 psi OFF.

Many/most of these ITVs have multiple leaks. You can pop a pressure gauge onto a QD fitting to test pressure on the labeled AIR disconnect (clean it first). Also, be sure to service your compressor and intake air filter, as many are falling apart (think intake ingestion) or caked with mud and crud so they can't breathe. Instructions for maintenance are in the TM. The POC in Yermo said some do not respond immediately, and jostling will get them "un-stuck", but that also means they need basic valve servicing (not complicated).
Thank you..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks