• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA Interworkings

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have knowledge into the inter-working of GSA's sales? I'm not talking auction questions but what happens after that, the paper work trail. I called GSA today with a few question, friendly folks by the way, and I was told they cant process/auction any DoD equipment because their regional director quit. Anyone heard of this? Does that mean one man has to sign off on all DoD items before the paperwork is issued? :confused:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've already purchased through them, love the process. :grin: But why does one man's approval hold up the system like that? Doesnt seem to be in anyones best interest.

Brentzilla

I was talking with the Ft. Bragg site rep about some items on the lot, he had a couple nice radio shelters, but if the unit turns them in with anything inside they must be destroyed. They can only auction the ones that get turned empty. You think the .gov would require them to be cleaned out before being turned in, or at least have someone whose job it was to get this stuff ready for re-sale. I could see them making more from auctions than scrap value for some of the stuff

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was talking with the Ft. Bragg site rep about some items on the lot, he had a couple nice radio shelters, but if the unit turns them in with anything inside they must be destroyed. They can only auction the ones that get turned empty. You think the .gov would require them to be cleaned out before being turned in, or at least have someone whose job it was to get this stuff ready for re-sale. I could see them making more from auctions than scrap value for some of the stuff
Why they'd do that is beyond me. I guess its more important to just dispose of the item to get it off the books than to get the largest return investment. The location near Ft. Sam said they dont know what Dod items their given until they arrive and then they have to take it from there.