• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA selling 5 TON WRECKER

wjruth

I have seen lots of topics around here about 5 ton wreckers - if any one is interested GSA has one listed for sale, current bid - 2,150

Located in Mass

lot 11FBPI06322009

CGarbee

I actually bid on it... High bid (somebody else's) was for $5015... Fire department that had it said that it ran and worked just fine, but that they didn't want it anymore due to the high fuel consumption... They also had a five ton road tractor that went for about the same money, same reason for selling and same basic condition...

2deuce

Looked like the front winch was missing but maybe it was just the picture. They sure use low res pictures. Didn't seem like a bad price if rust wasn't bad. Did they tell you? Out west here we didn't have to worry about rust from salt cause it wasn't used to thaw the roads. Now ODOT(Oregon DOT) is using some kind of salt solution but I don't know how corrosive it is. Worrys me tho.