• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA.

Rocco

Hey, I left VA on sunday to go down to FL
Because I won a duce on GSA well it looked complet in the pictures
and they said it runs. So I brought the basic's tools,oil,batts,brake fluid.
I get down there and there are a lot of parts missing now I know
because the parts where there in the pictures and now there are not.
But lucky for me some of the forestry service mechanics let me take parts
off some other duces.A good amount of parts I hade to add to.
But anyways I could not get the brakes to work I changed almost all the brake lines
(some where missing some badly rusted) I did get the truck running and the lights to
work.I think there was a air leak in the line and the air pack was bad.
So my bad luck I could not drive it home as I intended.
So I had to spend $2700 to get it shiped up here
I paid $2500 for it, way to much$.
Well I guess you got to get screwed sometime.
I should write GSA a letter.
I'm just going to stick to GL.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just going to stick to GL.
Yeah, that way there will be no surprise at all when you feel like your gettting screwed!

jatonka

I bought 2 trucks at GSA auction on Cape Cod several years ago. When I got there to pick them up the woman at the office told me where to find them and said, when you see them, if you don't like them come back here and we will give you a refund!!!!!!!!!. I went out and found them and they were rusty looking but both started and drove up on my lowboy and away I went toward home. I have bought from GSA in Harrisburg PA and found important items missing from boxes of vehicle accessory kits, called them and explained that the parts missing were the valuable parts in the kits, and they actually sent me freight paid the replacement parts. I would rather buy 10 times from GSA as compared to once at GL

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's alot of ways to look at this, I would never buy a truck without seeing it in person first. Also if the airpack was bad you would not have driven anyway, :cry: I'd be glad they let you take what you needed (since they did not have to). The way prices are going 5200$ is probably not that bad since the days of the 600$ duece are now few and far between!

Rocco

doghead. Thats true and really funny.

Jatonka,You dont think they would pay for my shiping do you?
Because they did say it (unit runs) I went down there beliving that I was going to drive it home. I onley bought it because they said it runs.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: GSA.

Rocco said:
Because they did say it (unit runs) I went down there beliving that I was going to drive it home. I onley bought it because they said it runs.
Well, it sounds like it does *run* (after much work on your part). Unfortunately, running, driving and stopping can all be individual characteristics when dealing with any auction. I've seen plenty of cars and trucks advertised as runs well - needs brakes. :roll:

Still, it's probably worth a letter mentioning that your lawyer suggested you contact them first. :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks