• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulfway Insurance for 5 ton w/Crane

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMX70

Its been a long time since I posted to the forum but I am getting closer to getting the Zeligson 5 ton on the road. The truck is titled now and needs to be registered to keep the county and neighbors off my back. Anyways, I need to find insurance, so I contacted Gulfway. They quoted a great rate, but when I started the formal process of documentation (including pictures) they said that the folding crane did not meet there guidelines. I think they use Travelers as the underwriter.

Anyone have a wrecker or crane truck insured with them or any other insurer? I am questioning there underwriters guidelines now, but have not gotten any response yet.

I need to get insurance soon so it can get registered, thus legal to be on my property.

Thanks for your time, John

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i have my 819 with hagerty as a wrecker/tractor, i sent them pics. and all was cool. DONT call it a crane, its a wrecker/tractor, the word crane SCARES insurance companies

Crash_AF

I'm not familiar with the Zeligson, but I'm guessing it has a knuckleboom (or similar) for self loading. When they saw the pics of that, they wigged out.

Later,
Joe

AMX70

Thanks, I will try Hagerty. Yes it has a knuckle boom type crane. It was made for the HEMMT M983, but the military put it on the truck after it went through qualification testing and into inventory. Was at Vint HIll VA. as a radio tower erector truck.
Zeligson sold custom made military trucks for the commercially market way back in the 40's till around early 90's. Then they tried to get a piece of the new truck markest in 89-91 time frame with this truck. They failed and from what I understand this is the only prototype. Only 375 miles when I got it. Interesting truck made for C-130 transport. See the pictures in the photo albums.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks