• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Ring Parts ID

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I picked up some gun ring parts the other day but it's a pieced together setup. It's the older style ring, m49 I think. I guess it uses a specific cradle that fits the thinner socket on the skate. Anyone know if there is an adapter to make it work with a regular long pintle?

IMG_2202.jpgIMG_2203.jpgIMG_2204.jpg
It came with a total of 5 legs, 3 of them are different from the ones I see on deuces.. I think they might be for a LWS, can anyone confirm that?
IMG_2205.jpg
The 2 heavy cast legs came with the ring while the short leg in the middle I've had kicking around for a while. I'm guessing the cast legs are earlier while the middle one is either later or for an m66. I don't see why the oddball one wouldn't work but it looks like the earlier ones bolt over the top while the other bolts underneath the brackets.
IMG_2206.jpgIMG_2207.jpg
Seeing how a gun ring doesn't work too well with my dump truck I'm probably going to sell it off but I want to make sure it's got the right pieces to make it usable.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 3 leg set with 2 of them with plates look like lws set up. The 2 with plates look m939 specific for the front of the cab by the door hinge as the legs in the back use u bolts through the cab.

68t

Well, that set up would looks great on my ww2 5ton IH tractor, I got the ww2 30-50 cal. cradle and the 50 cal. M.G. but need ring and trolley and legs.:D

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The 3 leg set with 2 of them with plates look like lws set up. The 2 with plates look m939 specific for the front of the cab by the door hinge as the legs in the back use u bolts through the cab.
Thanks. That's what I figured. Definitely no good for this gun ring.

Well, that set up would looks great on my ww2 5ton IH tractor, I got the ww2 30-50 cal. cradle and the 50 cal. M.G. but need ring and trolley and legs.:D
Yeah I bet it would look real good on your truck!:) The narrower socket threw me off, I read that it's specific to this trolley but not sure if that's true or not. It came with a later .50 cradle which obviously doesn't fit. I guess the previous owner just collected various gun ring parts and didn't get rid of the non-compatible stuff.
I've always wanted one and now that I've got it my only deuce is a dump truck.:neutral: If I had a 342 then I could still use it but not on the m59 unless I remove the cab protector completely.