• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Ring Re-enforcement Mounting Questions

dabtl

I recently got a gun ring re-enforcement plate for the M35 off eBay. Now the questions:

What size pop rivets are used.

Is there a TM on the mounting?

How far apart are the rivets spaced?

halftrack

Are people getting confused and calling the cab reinforcement kit (for rollovers) a gun ring reinforcement kit? We are talking about the same thing, right? The back plate which is sometimes riveted to the back wall of a deuce?

jwaller

I used exactly 100 rivets when I put mine in. pulled both seats to get to it all. dropped right in and went smoothly. I can tell a difference in the squeaks and rattles. I'm supposed to buy another this weekend for the 5T.

FreightTrain

Banned
Hmmmm,guess I better get my butt in gear.I need a couple 1/4" drill bits,a box or two of big rivets and a tool to install them......Cause I am also gonna buy a plate for my deuce.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pub says it is for the M66 mount. Where does anything (in any manual) talk about roll over protection????????? The panels have the u-bolt holes drilled for the mount that would place the plate at about the belly button level???? Not very safe??? First I ever heard about this. :wink: By the way I still have a whole bunch (20+) left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks