• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guys I neeed help

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
My friends son has a pristine M37 W/W in his garage.Motor has issues but the rest of the vehicle is immaculate. What is this worth There is no rust , dents or scratches. I want this but am unsure about the value. I do know it is original with winch. Help me/pm me!!!

Last edited:

littlebob

In our current political and economic enviroment it would be hard to tell. I've seen then classifieds from 3K to 20K in different conditions. I've seen it said on here before, its worth what you are willing to pay for it.

Good luck!
littlebob

KsM715

Now as for the truck. Just do a search and get a few prices and adjust yours (his) accordingly. I havent ever looked for an M37 for sale (Jeep never made one) so I dont know what they are going for. sorry not much help they are neat trucks though

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
No pictures because it is not mine, and the owner is a very private guy who may take offense to pictures of his MV being plastered on the internet. His dad and I are very good friends and he knows how much the boys and I like this stuff. I will talk with him this weekend, trust me. If pics are posted it will titled "Check Out My Newest Addition"" and there will be plenty of pics for all to see.

halftrack

From the description I would say $3000-$7000 would be the value. If you get it for less, good deal.

I would agree with this, espacially with no pictures. A year or two ago restored ones were going for almost if not 10k. Reality has since hit all of us and brought the price down to 6k to 8k for restored ones. If it is as good as you describe, then expect to pay at least 5k for the truck. Those motors are usually inexpensive to fix. Its the cosmetics that are costly. Also, I have a totally restored (frame up, not just a paint job) M37 w/w that runs ruff due to prolong sitting. I wouldn't let it leave my house unless I was getting at least 7k for it. I have well over 10k in it.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Go to g741.org for all the info you'll ever need. This site is a forum dedicated to the M37 and its variants. If you need parts, advice, or just someone to talk to, you'll find it there. They're a great bunch of folks, and several of us watch this site, too. Come on over and pay us a visit! :)

You didn't say what kind of "issues" the engine has, but I'm sure they can be resolved. A total rebuild can get pretty expensive unless you do all the work yourself, but even if you pay to have it done you can get by for just under $3,000.

M-37Bruce

Lifer's right, Robi's page is all Dodge, all G-741, M-43.
The price (3 G) is good, depending on whatz going on w/it., It could be high, I have seen 'em go as high as 18,000 to 25,000, Bill W might chime in about now, his rig was turn key!
JMHO,

mdog

The problem with the word "issues" is that it could mean you need the points filed for zero cost or it could mean the oil pan plug fell out and the engine is toast. No one on the internet can tell what he meant but the assumption is its a minor issue. Pristine could mean a total restoration just done or an original vechicle that may or may not have had modifications over the years. No rust could mean it was restored 20 years ago and rusted and pitted areas have good paint on them now or it may mean it has never rusted. The fact that it is garaged and has no rust now is a very big plus. If it has been sitting a long time it may have brake problems.

I paid $500 each for two rusty non runners that I will someday restore to one good runner. If I could start over I would rather pay $4000 or more for what you describe.

M-37Bruce

What a clean looking rig, I wonder why the FAK was mounted on the tranny hump?
I would be surprised if it didn't go for a lot more?
BTW, Joel, Your rig looks to coming along! :razz: