• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H7 Classification

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the M35A2's posted on GL have a H7 classification and I have read their definition but am confused as to exactly what that means. How many of you purchased one like this and found the condition to be okay. Particularly, to get it off the lot.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It means they don't want them anymore and you should go inspect them before you bid. If you don't inspect, expect it to be a scrap truck and be happy if you get a good one. There is SO many things that can go wrong your head will spin. I helped pick up 7 on Monday and the guy that inspected them missed the radiator that had holes in it and the same truck had a rear brake drum fire. He missed that too. Even an inspection is no guarantee!

Chief_919

Condition code is meaningless on GL listings. They just put what DRMO put, DRMO just puts what the unit turning it in put, they put whatever they had to put to get it turned in.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There is an old thread where we discussed the classification codes in depth (and the general consensus was that you should totally ignore them) but I'll be darned if I can find it.

It would help if search could find words with less than 3 digits. :x

But try these: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/17493-who-decides-h7-f7-a4-hx-codes.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/8521-question-about-gl-bid.html

Short answer: ignore the codes. Wanna' rally know what you are bidding on and potentially buying? Inspect it. Otherwise, bid as if it is scrap metal.

And be prepared to tow/trailer it. Absolutely no way of knowing if you will be able to drive it home. NO WAY WHATSOEVER without a detailed preview (possible) and test drive (impossible).