• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hacking up an M104 vs. M105 trailer?

Ridgerunner

Here's my dilema.....I bought my Deuce with the intentions of bobbing it. I'm going the route of using a trailer box for the project instead of cutting down the Deuce cargo box.

So I had bought a trailer for the box, (here's the delima) As it turns out it's a M104 trailer that I bought, the kind with the dual tail gates (one on each end) From what I've heard, they're kind of rare, and mine is realy nice, no dents or rust. So I really don't want to cut it up, if it is a rare trailer, just for the bob-job.

So my question is how much are the M-105 trailers going for nowadays? And does anyone have one in decent shape to sell, around the West Michigan area? thanks -Paul

54reo

I will trade you a mint M105 for your M104, but the shipping may be a killer.

I wish you have posted this last week, as I just sent a truck up to MI.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps 54reo, you could send the M105 trailer up to Haspin in June, and he can come down to pick it up there. Kinda a half-way point. Laurel, IN is the location.

54reo

That is a good idea MD, I need to pick up an axle from you at Haspin anyway.

What do you say ridgerunner?

Ridgerunner

What do you say ridgerunner?
LOL, I don't really want to get rid of it. The reason is, after I used my first (current) trailer for the bob, I planned to buy another M-105 trailer to pull behind the Deuce. When I got the 104 trailer, I thought it was a M-105. Military trailers are new to me (I never had one before) so I thought the two tailgates were standard on a 105. Everyone here informed me that it's a M-104, and that their harder to come by. I don't want to cut it up, if it's in fact a rarer trailer. So I'll keep this one intact to pull behind the Deuce and look for a M-105 trailer for sale for the box to put on the Deuce.

So what I was really asking in the first post at the bottom is....what is the current going price for a M-105 trailer? Just a ball park figure so I know what to expect if I do find one for sale. I currently have no idea what they go for, and don't want to get taken advantage of because I don't know their value. $200, $500, $1000????

Ridgerunner

the M105's at colemans surplus go for between $495 to $595 depending on if you want sideracks and a top or not

Mike
Thanks for the price figure, Mike.

Last night a M-105 was listed on Craigslist about 50 miles north of me. I called the guy up and he said it was a 1953 M-105, kind of beat up and a little rusty, but no rust holes and not bad for the year. He only used it for wood hauling for about the last eight years or so and would take $350 for the trailer and he didn't have any bows, sides or a cover to go with it. I figured the price is ok, and it would do for now and get me buy so I can start building the bobbed Deuce. And if I come across a nicer trailer in the future I can always swap them out.

So today I was going to run up there and get the trailer, but before I left my wife was looking over Craigslist again, and she told me that there was Two more M-105's listed. And there just east of here (only ten miles away) Also, they looked nice from the pictures. So I went to check these out first.

Well I just got back with a nice condition, rust free trailer. I got a M-105 with bows, side racks, a vinyl cover. As a bonus, in the back of it was wheel chocks, wheel chock box, an extra vinyl cover, extra bows and a 10x12 canvas tarp, and a canvas latrine:p with frame work and a dust pan. All for $500 bucks:-D So it looks like the M-104 is safe. It's funny how things just fall into place like that, like it's meant to be. -Paul

Attachments