• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Handy Little Item

Third From Texas

We used these back in the 80's when surfing/windsurfing/snow skiing.

I gave my last one away to some locals in Durango after a trip decades ago and never could find them again. I looked for them back in 2000 when I was doing some cross-country rides on the Harley. And again in 2015 when I went to ride Scotland. Never could find the damned things.

Well I finally ran across them on Amazon and they work just as I remembered.

Super handy for first aid kits, bugout bags, just being outside in the cold, etc.

For those not familiar, the pouch contains a super concentrated sodium acetate solution with small ferrous metal coin inside. When in liquid state, you snap the coin and it sets off a chemical reaction that solidifies the solution, and generating heat in the process. They retain heat about 30 minutes to an hour depending on ambient conditions. Once they cool, they turn into a solid, salt-like consistence. You drop the pouches into hot water for abut 10 minutes to re-liquefy and once they cool they remain in liquid form ready to stow for use again.

Great stocking stuffers for any outdoor types.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used these back in the 80's when surfing/windsurfing/snow skiing.

I gave my last one away to some locals in Durango after a trip decades ago and never could find them again. I looked for them back in 2000 when I was doing some cross-country rides on the Harley. And again in 2015 when I went to ride Scotland. Never could find the damned things.

Well I finally ran across them on Amazon and they work just as I remembered.

Super handy for first aid kits, bugout bags, just being outside in the cold, etc.

For those not familiar, the pouch contains a super concentrated sodium acetate solution with small ferrous metal coin inside. When in liquid state, you snap the coin and it sets off a chemical reaction that solidifies the solution, and generating heat in the process. They retain heat about 30 minutes to an hour depending on ambient conditions. Once they cool, they turn into a solid, salt-like consistence. You drop the pouches into hot water for abut 10 minutes to re-liquefy and once they cool they remain in liquid form ready to stow for use again.

Great stocking stuffers for any outdoor types.

Cant you just use a sack full breast implants and a few hot pocket hand warmers images.jpg

Third From Texas

Been there, done that.

I never fully understood why some chicks would be with guys 30 years older than them.

Daddy issues keep bikers young.....

January road trip thru the Texas Hill Country back in '09. Riding season? Friggin' posers have "riding seasons".

bttw09.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks