• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hanging wire needs a home.

Refalgren

Hi there.

On my M1008, there is a orange wire hanging off the drivers side rear of my TH400 transmission. I looked through the TM but was unable to figure out where it connected to, nor what it really is.

As such, i'm asking the hive mind here, what that wire is, and where it hooks up.

Wolf.Dose

The switch above the accel padel, is to acrivate the kick down. It will work, if the shwich down valve on the injection pump works properly. However, this valve likes to quit its duty after about 10 years of regular use. Change it, even it is somewhat tricky for the fingers.
Good luck!
Wolf from Germany

Refalgren

Actually, I don't think it's been connected in ten years :roll:

What is "trans kick down" anyhows?

Also, I installed a new vacuum modulator on the transmission. It has an adjustment screw just inside of the fitting where the hose hooks onto. Do I turn clockwise or counter-clockwise to lower the shift speed? (2nd currently shift between 25-30mph, and 3rd between 40-45mph)

Refalgren

ranchhopper, do you have pictures?

Btw, the rubber fittings on the passenger side of my IP are shot and need replacement. Where can I get some? Would they be causing my issue?

Refalgren

the fittings i'm referring to on the IP are not vacuum lines. they're flat, rectangular, rubber, and have clear plastic male/male connectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks