• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Start?

blackhueys

Ok here we go on my 86 M1009 when it is cold the truck not the temps it will be hard to start. The truck will cycle the plugs the wait light comes on starts right up for about 3 or 4 seconds then dies. If I crank it over the engine for about 30 or 40 seconds it will restart just fine. Right before it starts again I can hear just a slight differance. I am thinking maybe something fuel related? I do have a small leak on the fuel filter housing I think that what might be going on is that when I let the truck sit for a bit the fuel filter drains down some thus causing air to be sucked into the system till I turn the truck over to reprime it? Anybody have any other ideas what it may be. I am going to fix the leak next week if time allows for it. I searched and found what might be leaking so thats where I will start. Thanks everybody keep the green side up!

Attachments

tommyboy

I had the same thing with mine it was the fuel filter housing leaking.
I put a spin on filter and base on it but check your fuel lines also.