• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard to reach nut/washer install on four man soft top kit

smashcrashy

(Apologies for another novice question)

For the C pillar support piece you drill 2 9/32" holes into the inside corner of the wheel housing and use 2 phillips head screws, 4 washers and one nut and attach the support to the wheel housing. On the passenger side the fuel filler is in the way of getting my hands in there, what would be the best way to install the nut onto that bolt?

KansasBobcat

On my M998 they are accessible. Are you sure you are using the correct holes? There should be a reinforcing plate between the body and washers. If it is missing you can make it out of bar stock. Another trick is to super glue the washer and nut to the plate after careful positioning. My HMMWV came with holes predrilled about 1" in from outside edge of body. Hope this helps.

TedG

You can also remove fuel bucket for access. Replace bucket if cracked or warped.