• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hardening kit questions

FreightTrain

Banned
A few years ago I found a place that had a pile of New in sealed crate Hardening kits for a deuce.They consisted of Plexiglass with wire mesh that mount across the bed to form a box and pieces that go around the cab.Outside was painted CARC camo and had little look out slots masked off so you could see outside the box.Does anyone have pictures of these installed?I am temped to go back and see if they still have them and see if they wanna sell.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can go back and look at these please do. I'd love to get 2. I'll drive to AL. to get them!

FreightTrain

Banned
I saw a picture a long long time ago of a truck with the kit on it(I think it was on Ebay).The bed got a box made out of what looked like 4x8 foot panels of plexiglass.The plexi was reenforced with wire mesh(like the old theft resistant glass).The outside of the Plexi was painted in 3 color camo and each pannel had a narrow slot that was not painted for viewing holes.There were panels I think that went over the top to close it in also painted.The cab itself got peices of plexi that covered all windows and top to protect the drivers.If memory serves me,the kit was for civil unrest use.Where you needed it to block rocks,bottles,and slow speed hand thrown projectiles.Kinda a light duty gun truck of sorts or a Riot control deal.

Srjeeper

FT, check out TNJ Murray's site, they have a duce with what they call a Breakdown Box on it. Not sure, but it looks like what you described.

FreightTrain

Banned
That is exactly it.Guess it is coated in aluminum sheeting too.I only saw it in the box and then just a small peak.But the actual name of it is a hardening kit per the crate.I need to get up there and see if he still has them.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you have enough gunners riding in back you only need to give them ammo and rules of engagement. Would you put this on your duece really I think it would be ugly. My most despised training was the old stomp and drag anti-demonstrator training we had to conduct. If you are going to mount this stuff please post pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks