• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anybody bought one of these systems?

camp9

I was wondering if anyone has bought and used one of these systems? Bluegrass Fuel Systems, LLC - Home They use a combination of paper, stainless, and polymer beads in the filters. Some of the info on their system says its about the same technology used in WWII for recycling oil for the MV's.

Camp

Chief_919

The filter housing on the outside is simple a household water filter housing.

$900 for the small kit?

Lets see:

Boat gas tank- $35

Intake screen-$5

Hose and clamps- $10

Filter Housing- $25

Nozzle- $25

Electric pump $40-90

Buy one of their filters if you think it is special, but I bet a whole house 1 micron filter works just as well.

camp9

Ya, all of these systems are way over priced unless your not a DIY er. What intrigued me was the description of the filter and that it was simular to the system that was used in WWII. I've read the system the military used would take waste oil and make it look like new again. I've also done searches to find out what type of system was used, but only thing I can find is the use of stainless steel washable filters and some type of ceramic column.

Smokinyoda

I am interested in the filter media they mention. Supposedly seperates water and antifreeze? But they wont sell them unless you buy a system first.:cry:

*Please note that if you have not purchased one of our units or filter/pump packages we will not and can not sell one of these to you. We pay very high costs for permits and licensing to get this filtration media and we are only 1 of 2 companies in the US licensed to use these. We have all names on a computer so we will quickly know. Thanks

Chief_919

I am interested in the filter media they mention. Supposedly seperates water and antifreeze? But they wont sell them unless you buy a system first.:cry:
Meh, I doubt it does any more than pushing it through a Goldenrod filter does.

It damm sure doesn't do $700 better at separating water, that I am pretty sure of!

I looked today at Tractor Supply. Household filter housing (the same one they are using) $25. 5 micron filter elements $7. Goldenrod water separator with housing $39.99.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks