• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone been to Ranchers supply in Lamar,Co.?

mutt_kahuna

Wondering if anyone has looked the mv's at Ranchers supply?...thinking about a road trip to look at their M900 trucks..they're supposed to have 3 or 4 for sale....thanks for any info...ED

Crash_AF

Yes, I have. Have you called and talked to John yet? He's the man who knows what's there. I would caution you to negotiate with him on the price, because he's really expensive to start with. See the post in the Salvage Yards forum for some pics of their yard.

Later,
Joe

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Yeah , we have a thread about it in I think road trips, real real good guy that owns the place , but he thinks his truck are made of gold under the green paint.

M900 hed want probably 20,000 for one that might run or not. he wanted 17500 for a M35A3 that barly ran and had a few problems.

Its worth going and looking , his parts arent too expencive and hes nice to work with.

Dieselsmoke

Been dealing with John for many moons, great guy. If you get on his good side prices are great. If he don't like ya, no deal, he doesn't need money that's for sure.

dma251

see this post here -

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19106&highlight=lamar

I paid $1500 for a hemtt cargo bed
$100 for a wheel
$200 for a new 16-20 xzl tire
$75 for the correct hemtt crane hook
$75 for a hemtt air tank
$100 for two rear hemtt fenders
+ a couple hundred for some smaller stuff...

I thought John was a real nice guy. He was willing to take a couple hours out of his day and drive me back and forth through his various yards and pick parts off as we went...

His prices seemed a bit high, but we negotiated a bit, and found some common ground.

Besides, what he was selling was stuff I had not been able to find anywhere else, so that makes them very valuable to me.