• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone ever bent the frame?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone ever bent their frame and if so, how and where are you able to repair it?
Well... I guess it depends on "just how bent" your frame might be.

I am roughly 2200 miles away from you, so I doubt you need a frame that badly - but I have one. Minus the hydraulic tank and the winch that was bolted to the other side.

Might need to get more specific on exactly what I have vs what you need.

TruckFrame.jpg

Zach_M1078A1

I am roughly 2200 miles away from you, so I doubt you need a frame that badly - but I have one. Minus the hydraulic tank and the winch that was bolted to the other side.

View attachment 896534
My frame isn’t bent. I’m just wondering if anything stupid I do moving forward could bend it. This truck is going to be put through the ringer. I live in North East Utah at 8400 foot elevation in my entire life is outside in the mountains in the forest crossing rivers, not creeks boulders the size of a Prius. Will the flex in the frame just stop flexing at its Limit or will it bend

Zach_M1078A1

Frames bend. All of them. Any of them can be twisted back by a proper frame shop. If you have more concerns then go to a double framed truck
I have an M 1078 A1 so that is what I have. My concern is when a wheel has no articulation left and comes off of the ground. Will that just be off the ground or will it twist the rail to let the tire back on the ground. It’s not exactly a lightweight rock crawler

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 896534
I say build it ! buy some of those oshkosh steering axles out of cali and make it all wheel steer and a cucv body on it would look great

Ronmar

Now thats not fair, I am sure if it had landed right side up, it would have been just fine…

These trucks were pretty significantly overbuilt. I have not heard of anyone bending one permanently in typical use. All the ones from auction seem straight enough, and that is where the trashed ones are sent…

I think unless you significantly overload it you will probably be impressed with it. And if you do load it up pretty good, it is probably more likely you will bend something by rolling it over from the high CG all that weight will cause:)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks