• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone installed aux lights in the front/back of a deuce?

BimmerPower

Banned
I'm looking to run a 4 to six light setup on my deuce. I can fabricate a light bar for the front and want to run one or two lights in the rear pointing towards the bed of the deuce. Does anyone has a setup like this? Is there any type of 24volt wiring system that would work for what i'm trying to do? Since it's a 2 battery 24volt system, I would assume that there isn't an issue of lack of juice to run something like this for 6 lights in total (four in front, two in the rear, two toggle switches). Thanks!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There may be an issue with the built-in circuit breaker (20 amp rating inside the 3-lever light switch), so to be on the safe side, add relay(s) to keep head lights from going out at the wrong time.
(right click and open link in new window for full resolution)

Edit: Added image of lights showing left turn signal "ON"

Attachments

Last edited:

m109guy

I put some on my M109. Both on the front above the cab and the corners of the box.

All 24v grote lights.

I don't have any pictures of the front lights on, but they are very bright.

Was hard taking a picture of the corner lights on at night, but the picture turned out okay.

Last edited:

BimmerPower

Banned
That's exactly what i'm looking to do! How do you have them wired? Are they mounted to your 'rack'? Have any better pictures of your toggles, wireing harness, roof rack? Thanks!

m109guy

Here are a few more pictures.

The pictures of the lights on the box are during installation before I painted the truck. They are wired together on a three-way switch. That way I can turn on the lights on the box from either the cab, or while inside the box. I was thinking of putting the four corner lights each on their own switch, but I decided against it, as if I need light, I will likely need to turn most of them on, so I might as well wire them all together onto one switch. Though I did go with the three-way switch so that I could turn on or off the lights from either location.

I attached the front lights to the mounting rack that holds the roof basket. That way I can remove the basket and still have the lights on the truck (in case I need to work in that area and the basket is in the way). I wired them together in a daisy-chain and sent the wiring down into the cab with a simple switch on the dash. Nothing fancy.

You don't need any fancy wiring harness unless you intend on doing something fancy with the lights.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you were wanting to stay in the military flavor, why not buy military 24 volt armored personnel carrier lights? You can get them in white (clear) or infra-red lens. They can be mounted directly on the bumper either above or below. They work as alley and back up lights also. Multi-purpose lights for sure.

Pappa-G

I was able to use two front blackout light housings and installed 24volt aircraft landing light bulbs. I used a 75amp continueous duty relay for a golf cart. I mounted the lights in thier stock location on the left side and on the right.
Sorry I dont have any pics.