• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone seen this deuce???

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Jon,
Yes to both - I was outbid on it back in 2002 - if its languishing somewhere - it should be languishing at my place - if somebody fixed it up, I'd like to see it!

David

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
This is a shop equipment, organizational repair, light, truck mounted, set number 2. In English, it was a mobile machine shop (the machine tools are invariably missing). At 24800 pounds the military rather quickly decided it was too much stuff for too little truck, and started putting the beds on five tons. I am only certain that 85 of these were built, but there may have been more - gotta do a bit more research.

I think John Tennis has one, and TacticalTruck used to have one (gutted).

Thanks,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a machine shop body on an M46 chassis. Another odd deuce for Davids collection.

FreightTrain

Banned
Not to steal your thread.But what was an expanding body 5 ton Medical truck?I remember several years ago before the yankee hord invasion of one being at shorties still packed with all kinds of large air filtration hoses and gear inside.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
dunno about medical equpment - there were however water purification trucks with expanding (sort of - one side opens completely up) bodies, both long and short wheelbase. They are (or should be) - packed with gear - of course the one I bought was gutted - which is why I don't own it anymore.

Wish I'd known Eric had one for sale.

David

FreightTrain

Banned
ok,That truck has always had me wondering.I know it wasn't a water truck.I think both side expanded.Had the Cross on both sides,Large(12" it looked like) air ducting that hooked in to the rear.All that stuff was in the bed when I saw it including a TON of other stuff up in there I couldn't make out.But that truck got sold LONG before the People of Northern Agression showed up..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks