• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone singled out a deuce with 5 ton axles?....

Trango

I don't know what made me think of this, but I had a thought about maybe swapping out to singles and 5 ton axles... oh yeah, I realized when it was - I was talking to a friend about an M105 trailer he wanted to sell, I got to thinking about the bed, and how it would look on my truck with singles, and then I thought about swapping over to air brakes and bigger axles... which would mean, airbrakes.

So yeah. :)

I was thinking about using maybe some 5 ton stuff, swap the front axle around to clear the front driveshaft, use the 5 ton front springs for the rear end, and rock with that. I could then get better wheels, swap out to larger tires, and the gear ratio is also a bit higher at 6.44 as well.

I figure I could do this for minimal out of pocket cost, after selling my rockwell 2.5T axles.

Terrible idea? This would be for next summer, after ski season ends.

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks