• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you checked your brakes today?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im preparation for the NJ MTA show, I took the deuce out for a maintaince check ride.. I went to an empty school parking lot, and locked up the brakes from sbout 20 MPH... Almost put me thru the windshield, but the seatbelt worked too...
I have full confidence in them after the hour long "test drive"...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the kind of brake tests that split weak lines. Looks great Mark. BTW, thanks for the chain Sir!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good point. I had the master cylinder blow on a 1009 once while on a slight decline at 40mph. Nowhere to go except into the rear of the civilian vehicle in front of me. I think they are still settling that one.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I redid my brake system with all new:
rubber hoses
wheel cylinders
brake shoes
cleaned, flushed Mater Cylinder
airpacks
DOT 5
New NDCC 9x20's

The steel lines are still stock, but I went over them all, so I think Im in good shape.
I had an almost oppsie in the Army with in a M925A2... That made me a beliver in good brakes.. I thinkthat if NOTHING ELSE, your brake system and tires should be in top notch condition.