• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawkes Prairie Military Family Appreciation Day 10 SEPT 2016

Amer-team

Hello Team, this next Saturday 10 SEPT, is Military Family Appreciation Day at Cabela's at Hawkes Prairie, WA. The event will be in Cabela's parking lot. We probably need to be there no later than 0830. Parking is tight and we will most likely be sharing the area with a Stryker or two from JBLM. I have two vehicles confirmed and we really only have room for 4 - 6 depending on size. Have an 813 on line for this one and I am not sure what I will bring, but maybe the 923. If we get there early enough, we could capture some of the adjacent parking area, but it fills up quick.

Actual time for the event is 1000 to 1400. If you are interested in attending, reply to this thread, pm me, or give me a call, Peter 360 870 0706. This has been a fun event for a few years now, lots of kids and families if the weather cooperates.

Amer-team

Looks to be a good weather day, 70-73 on Saturday. Just lost the 813 to a car show closer to his house. Don't know how he could go to a display 5 miles from the house when he could have gone to one 45 miles away. Just because he gets 4 to 5 MPG ! At this point we are down to a 43 jeep and a 715 or 923 depending on a couple variables. Come check it out, it is always good to hang out with Strykers for the day.

Amer-team

Mission went well. Three vehicles in attendance. 1943 GPW, 1973 M151A2, and 1984 M923. Only casualty of the day was the 1967 M715, which flipped off the positive battery terminal, shorting to the battery box and frying the alternator.

The Army was a no show due to budget cutbacks so they were very happy to have us. I was dismayed to find that I have a better fuel budget than the Army. If that is the case maybe they should donate an MRAP or Stryker to me so that it can stay on the road. Hope to see you all there next year. This event is the second Saturday of Sept.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks