• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

He Wouldn't Trade

Third From Texas

Was he a traveler, or a transplant? Alaska is a long dam way from Texas. That is very cool either way!
Traveler just passing thru.

Been down here about two weeks he said. He came down to check out SpaceX at Boca. He spend the night in the lot across the street when he was there. He showed me pics and the entire facility was right out his window. And he was here for the temps (said he like to keep his Alaskan buddies informed on the nice temps here). LOL

*just kidding, the temps here are dreadful so don't let anyone tell you to move here (unless you're prepared to live the Texan way with lots of guns and voter ID and stuff).

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Traveler just passing thru.

Been down here about two weeks he said. He came down to check out SpaceX at Boca. He spend the night in the lot across the street when he was there. He showed me pics and the entire facility was right out his window. And he was here for the temps (said he like to keep his Alaskan buddies informed on the nice temps here). LOL

*just kidding, the temps here are dreadful so don't let anyone tell you to move here (unless you're prepared to live the Texan way with lots of guns and voter ID and stuff).
When you said "temps" my brain didn't think "temperatures" 😁😅😂

Third From Texas

I ran into one too this weekend but I like my "traditional" color over gray.
Nice.

I mentioned traveling the Alaska >Baja> Central > South America route. He echoed what others have said about the hazards of a miltary paint scheme in 3rd-world shitholes. He also noted that I'd be wise not to be wearing the camo pants I had on.

So color is....situational

:)

Rhino 5/4

Nice.

I mentioned traveling the Alaska >Baja> Central > South America route. He echoed what others have said about the hazards of a miltary paint scheme in 3rd-world shitholes. He also noted that I'd be wise not to be wearing the camo pants I had on.

So color is....situational

:)
I have heard the same about our southern neighbors and their distaste for military vehicles. I have a lifelong dream to drive to Dead Horse and back but it seems as my past history of bad choices and consequences the Canuks will not allow me to cross the border. But yet we allow God knows who to cross and become the next generation of dependants. Maybe if I paint her pink with rainbows and change her name to unicorn 6/9, I can go where I want.

Third From Texas

Are those wheel weights on your rig?
CTIS armor covers.

They're pure unobtainium.

Thousands of sets were made for these trucks but most that ever made it to motor pools were tossed into the trash for some reason (I don't know that I've ever seen a government auction truck with a set actually installed). Some came thru surplus, most likely were scrapped.

You used to be able to buy a set of four for $80. Then they were $80 each, then $100. The last set I saw for sale went for $600.

A few people have tried to make a solution . One of the over-priced scalper sites sells a flat steel ring with only three mounting points that's pretty fugly (might have been a good product with four mounts). Another guy was working with a foundry to make a stamp to punch out the originals. Never heard any follow up, but they aren't being sold anywhere.

There's a few threads on here about the rings. Search for CTIS covers, etc

Gabe.ruesswick

CTIS armor covers.

They're pure unobtainium.

Thousands of sets were made for these trucks but most that ever made it to motor pools were tossed into the trash for some reason (I don't know that I've ever seen a government auction truck with a set actually installed). Some came thru surplus, most likely were scrapped.

You used to be able to buy a set of four for $80. Then they were $80 each, then $100. The last set I saw for sale went for $600.

A few people have tried to make a solution . One of the over-priced scalper sites sells a flat steel ring with only three mounting points that's pretty fugly (might have been a good product with four mounts). Another guy was working with a foundry to make a stamp to punch out the originals. Never heard any follow up, but they aren't being sold anywhere.

There's a few threads on here about the rings. Search for CTIS covers, etc
Ah, that makes way more sense than wheel weights. looks like it could be easy to replicate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks