• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head nut wrench.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
B-4 I pay Saturn for a wrench, I figure i'd contribute to anothers fund. Anyone got a bonus wrench they wanna sell?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wwhy are there 2? Will just the long one work or will just the short one work?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wwhy are there 2? Will just the long one work or will just the short one work?
:ditto:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah, don't waste your $ or time. The Saturn wrench took the nuts off, sure flexed alot. Got to the 100 ft lb torque going together, PINK! Broke that sob right thru the weld. Yes, I used it right, 90 deg. to the wrench.

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

I see we thinks alike. One of us needs to patent that thing. :lol:

I was worried about not being perfectly accurate with the torque but if that broken wrench twist at all that would give the user a false torque too. Am I right about that?

Joe Trapp

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think so. The military wrench is aflexy flier. When I torqued up with the one I made, it was a very firm feeling at the end of the wrench. I'd use a good homemade one over the military version any day. I wonder if Saturn will give me a credit?

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: Head nut wrench.

WillWagner said:
I wonder if Saturn will give me a credit?
Only if you have a visa card :lol:

I have invented about a dozen things that I have made working models of, and one thing is for sure, no one will give you anything. I have even been to invention "conventions" and still, nobody is interested in you, only what they can get out of you. Some say I'm cynical.

Joe Trapp

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can I join the broken wrench club?

Same as Will; proper usage, 90° to the handle, 110 ft. lb. setting, 4th nut I had torqued with it (I was starting on the second head).

Saturn's gonna get an earful tomorrow morning. First the boots, now this.

If you know what you are selling is worthless, stop selling it. Now, I am high and dry and trying to get my ride ready for Aberdeen. Doesn't really matter if they give me my money back (they will, I put it on my GoldCard), but the lost time is impossible to return.

aua :evil: aua :evil: aua :evil: aua :evil: aua :evil: aua :evil: aua :evil: aua :evil:

Luckily, I have a good buddy in South Carolina who offered me the use of his homemade one.

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I got one of them! clinto, just hit up Jay. He'll refund or credit you. I chose the credit. Did you get it done? Hmmm, I'm thinkin' that's why they're surplus now.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did you get it done?
No, I now have no way to finish torquing down the head nuts under the injectors.

weild it back together
Thought about it, was worried the weld would be too thick to allow the wrench to fit on the nut

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Send me that address Clinto and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

Check your email- :beer:

JDToumanian

Those wrenches breaking like that makes me wonder if maybe they're not military surplus but rather new manufacture and made in China...

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks