• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight going POOF

sermis

My passenger headlight keeps going out. Any ideas on what can cause it?
I am up to five or six now. Nothing seams wrong in the wiring that I can find.

Tornadogt

Grounds, grounds and more grounds. 95% of electrical gremlins are ground related. the best path back to the Negative on the battery is a copper wire. Anything other than a copper wire the grounds will search for the path of least resistance and most of those will create heat and amps witch is what causes things to fail.. Try running a temporary direct ground from the headlight to the battery, if it solves the problem work over the factory ground until you find the problem.

infidel got me

Grounds are behind the metal panels inside hood when open. looking down while hood is open, the panel is on the outter most part of hood in line with the front reflectors. One panel has 3 7/16 bolts -- the other has 4 7/16 bolts. Grounds are behind these panels.

Jakob1944

Switch vendors.....excess vibration.....insufficent ground......I would put the "New" light on the other side to see if it in an inferior product that they have been selling you......

infidel got me

The truck may have, what doctors call, the Sammy Davis syndrome or in some cases Pop eye eytis. This is when one becomes weaker than the other and then simply goes poof. baaahhhhhaaaaa Check your grounds

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Switch vendors.....excess vibration.....insufficent ground......I would put the "New" light on the other side to see if it in an inferior product that they have been selling you......
this....I see a lot of Chinese knock offs now on headlights. The buckets are metric.
You will know if it's NOS, it's the expensive one....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks