• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight issue

USAMP1980

When I bought my 1970 Kaiser M35A2, all lights worked except the driver side lowbeam was out. I bought a GE 4800, started to pull the previous one out, just to realize that it would not be a quick change, and that I needed to do it at home, not a parking lot. From that moment on, my headlights stopped working... before headlight exchange.
I'm thinking a fuse blew some how. I have checked the connections remotely involved around the D side headlamp.
I'm under the impression there is a breaker box on the firewall, and one in the oval switchbox on the dash.
Any suggestions? Does anyone know what model/type fuse I need to buy for the switch? I has hoping to buy one while I'm out and and about. I will work on it when I get home from work.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No fuses for the headlight system on the Deuce.

There is a self reseting circuit breaker for the headlights inside the 3-lever switch on the dash.

Are any other lights working?

Have you downloaded the Deuce wiring diagram? TMs?

Last edited:

USAMP1980

The tail lights, turn signals, etc work. It's just the headlights. The red indicator light for the highbeams stopped working too.
Sorry, on a touch screen phone. No, no downloads yet.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, the slowblow 3amp fuse for the fuel pump. You got me. :doh:

Back to the OP. Check and double check your grounds on the headlights.

Break out the voltmeter and start checking for the correct voltages.

It could be that both bulbs decided to die at the same time. I have seen this before.

Also check your 3-lever switch to see what all the switches are set to.

Attachments

Last edited:

crazywelder72

Inside the 3 lever switch is a self resetting circuit breaker. I did a write upon it in another thread. I believe it's a 20 amp . I bought mine at autozone for like 3 bucks. If that fues blows, you won't have any dash lights or headlights or blinkers. If any of those are working you have a different problem.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an intermittent headlight problem also. Both Headlamps were new and working and then decided to take a vacation! Checked and cleaned all the grounds....problem solved!:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks