• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlight

Linda

Hello! We are on our way to restoring "Bruiser" (my Deuce n' a half!) . We have come across a slight problem, one of my headlights is kapoot! Can any of you give me advice as to where to obtain one? We live in in the high desert of California about 3 hours north of LA. We took the burned out headlight into auto zone and of course they scratched their heads and shrugged their shoulders. Any advice would be welcome. Oh, and could you also give me a heads up on where to buy wiper blades for the beast. By the way, Bruiser is up and running like a champ. All the neighborhood knows there is a deuce n' a half running around the desert.

gwalker

you are right next to antelop valley truck they have alot of stuff, although be careful alot is offshore repro stuff. I got a replacment lamp rom them they were repros went through 5 to get 2 that worked more than an hour! Also in hesperia is walker truck and auto 17054 darwin ave hesperia 760 244 9333. and there is always stuff on E-BAY
http://www.avettruck.com/index.html

mendo069

deff. call dave walker in hesperia !!! his # is 760-244-8060... he's a great guy and has reasonable prices.. get most of my stuff from him... napa also carries a 24 volt headlamp... they have a lot of commercial parts including filters for your beast.... but i got my genuine 24 volt lamps and wiper blades from walker.....mendo..

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put the Saturn Surplus wiper upgrades. Mucho better than the stock set up.

BEASTMASTER

yo i went to napa out here and they can get me a 24 volt headlight , no problem $,72.00. i asked the guy if he was on drugs? he says, i guess you don't want it huh?

JDToumanian

Dave Walker has the correct Wagner headlights, as well as nearly every other part you could possible need, new, used or surplus... I'm so lucky to live a mile away from such a great source of parts!

Dave's yard is 760-244-8060.

I tried calling the other number posted above... after ringing for a long time someone answered - it was a wrecking yard but for cars, and it certainly was not Dave.

Jon

poppop

That NAPA price seems way to high. If you want I will check with my store to see what their price is. I just bought one last week from my heavy truck supplier and it was $24.00 and made by GE. His catolog looked just like the one my NAPA dealer showed me three weks ago.