• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hearing Protection for Kids

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, they're hot! Its full duplex in intercom format. That's one of the pains of it, that little guy likes listening to himself and won't shut up. I've long since sold all my VIC-1 stuff but we now use the Peltor Powercom headests with the FRS radios built in. Works like a wireless intercom and has a mile range in high power. You can either PTT or VOX them and a second radio or cell phone can be patched in with the proper cabling. FL law prohibits headphones but we use them all the time. FL law makes no provisions for fire trucks to use the intercoms they have but they do. Nice thing about the Peltors is they work great as a ground guide too.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think the idea on the "no headphones while driving" issue was so that the driver could hear emergency vehicles approaching. That gives the firetruck crews a pass.
As far as MV applications go since they are loud anyway I would think that having the headphones on might actually help since you might be more inclined to check your mirrors more often. People that drive around with their head up their wazoo are going to do it anyway, we just have to watch out for them.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
How do the squishable ear plugs work with little kids? Is it a one size fits adults and kids, or are there sizes? I use ear plugs all the time for work, on the motorcycle, and on long car drives. If it against the law then I will eat the ticket before I lose more of my hearing. Besides it does not eliminate emergency noises it only quiets everything down some. I actually find it easier to hear as the really annoying quieter backgroud noises are less distracting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks