• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heat barrier for M54

Sgt Willie

Has anyone installed firewall and cab Heat Barrier's. This is for a M54 Replica Viet Nam Gun Truck. It is not used as a static display only. It has been driven thru out the Midwest, North into Michigan, to the East Coast and down South into Georgia and all parts between. It is stationed in Eastern Tennessee. We have recorded temps in the cab reaching above 135 degrees while driving it during the summer months. I am hoping that by installing a heat barrier on the engine side of the fire wall, inside the cab fire wall and on the floor, we can reduce the heat coming into the cab. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Sgt. Willie

Jeepsinker

There are spray on products that would work wonders for you. Also consider heavy weight tractor insulation mat or simple heavy rubber floor mat available from tractor supply.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, welcome to SS.
In response to the issue, heat, pads, mats, spray on materials all will help. Be careful of spray on for the engine side of the bulkhead, the exhaust manifold on the trucks with the old design bulkhead get really close and really hot.
An insulating pad, reflective on the hot side and with a cover mat that covers the pan and bulkhead is easier. Makes them quieter also. You also need to be sure that the shifter hole is covered, as well as the transfer and PTO shifter holes. Rubber draft flaps work very good for this.

jatonka

Yeah, 'm driving my Gun Truck down to PapaBear's in Columbus, GA in one month and we are working on keeping the heat out of the cab too. The OD GI sleeping mats are what we are using inside the cab. Don't know about what I'm doing on firewall yet, maybe tinfoil. JT out

Sgt Willie

Thanks JT. Did I read that there is a break problem with the ACE ? Talked to Sammy today about getting his GT ready for the trip to Columbus and there was no mention about that.
I am showing up two days early to help get her ready. We are leaving on the 4th to head down. It's a 6-7 hr drive. See you there ? Willie from So. Calif.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks