• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Hose Size ID/OD ?

Brad M

Ok first I have to admit I only did a limited search since I am at work and just found this problem (leak) on my lunch break. I know from the TM's that I need between 8 and 9 feet of hose total but I cannot for the life of me find the ID or OD of the hose. The box auto part stores I have searched under 84 K30 have had questionable online results at best. I need to pick up some on my way home so I can fix this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad M

Thank you, I was thinking they both were the same. Glad I asked. I'll pick up 4' of each on my way home. Now to see if I can keep the coolant loss to a minimum doing the job. Thanks again!

Brad M

Update all went well, I had an engine bay of antifreeze from the pinhole and the work but NAPA had both hoses and getting 4' actually provides some extra. Also purchased some hose pinchers at NAPA to minimize the spillage and they worked well. Made sure to disconnect the batteries and put a plastic bag over the passenger side alternator and it was done in a little over an hour. Thanks again for the fast response. I don’t know how to but that info above on the hose sizes should be added to the CUCV FAQ Article

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks