• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Parts Needed

Armada

It's been raining for 3 days straight here in Michigan. Can't do much work outside so I've been spending my time in the garage rebuilding a winch and putting heater parts together for the M818. My last request for parts resulted in the brackets I needed for supporting the heater plate over the muffler. A fellow member hooked me up with those. [thumbzup] [thumbzup] I fabbed the plate that attaches to the brackets and made some mods to the heater box. After the weather clears up I can start installing those parts.
Now I'm on to running the vent hoses which lead me to the next issue. The diverter box I have in the picture is for a deuce so the air comes in to it from the left side of the truck. I need a 5T diverter box which the air comes in to it from the right side of the truck.
The diverter I need is #5 on the drawing. It is NSN 2540-01-168-1465, p/n 11648527.
I also need #20 and #21 on the exploded view. They are deflectors for the defroster.
NSN 2540-00-036-0294, p/n 10897147-1 and -2.
I need a couple elbows for the vent hoses too, but I'll list that info later. Thanks

Attachments

Armada

Here is a view of the other parts I need. It's #6 and #20 on the drawing. They look like the same part to me, but they have different NSN and part numbers.
#6 is called an Adapter. NSN 2540-00-177-8108, p/n 7951057.
#20 is an Elbow. NSN 4520-01-201-7763, p/n 11648525.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Armada

Thanks for the offer John. I'll trade my deuce diverter for a 5t if someone is interested. Here's an option for defroster vents that I came across a long time ago. :idea: All parts available at the local hardware store. I prefer the 'factory' look myself..... but that's just me.

Attachments

skinnedknuckles

I have a new 5 ton diverter box on my deuce that Ft McCoy installed :shock: just before they put the truck up for auction. I would be willing to trade for a deuce one , that way the main heater hose wouldn't be trying to invade the passenger floor board.
Paul in Janesville,Wi
1971 M35a2 w/w
1971 M35a2 wo/w
1945 CJ2a
1946 Bantam trailer
1955 CJ5

I have part # 6 there are no numbers on it but the holes line up to the ones that bolt it to the side of the hood on my m816 parts truck . kenny

Armada

Kenny my man! I'll take it! Do you still have my address? You should also be getting something in the mail any day now.

DFox, you mean you have an extra 5T diverter to trade for a deuce one? I pm'd skinnedknuckles above about trading for his 5T diverter but haven't heard back yet. If that deal doesn't go through I'll trade you, that is if it's a 5t diverter you have.

I found a nother elbow in the shed it may be the one that fits the heater in take the hose end is oval I will ship them this week .kenny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks