• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heater quick fix

scotscan

lost the blower in my truck so i did a quick temporary fix too cold here to do without hooked up a toggle switch from fuse box ign to capaciter on blower and away she went just wondering if this could cause any problems down the road
thanks in advance

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuse for the heater blower also controls the GEN1 exciter circuit. Make sure the fuse is working.

The majority of the tIme it is the heater switch that is the problem. $10 to replace.

natemccabe

I'm having the same issue. The dash switch melts, I'm assuming from having to run the blower of high for the majority of the time, and doesnt stay connected. I know right where it is and can get my arm in there to wiggle it with out taking the dash apart.

blackhueys

I have replaced my switch 3 times in 2 years they all melt at the back and become loose. I tried cleaning the connectors tried crimping the spades tighter for better connection but gave up and just unplugged the stock switch found the hot from that connector ran it to a toggle switch then found which wire in the connector was for high and ran the other side of the toggle to that. works great been like this for about 2 years now no issues just bypassing the stock switch all together but still using factory wires. You will need to remove the big black plastic surround that covers the gauges etc then 4 screws hold the heat temp assy in take those out you might need to disconnect the selector cables on the other end by the heater box its self then carefully pull the assy out and with a small 1/4 drive ratchet or a wrench there is one little bolt maybe two cant remember now that holds the switch in. I left my old one in just so it looks stock and installed the toggle next to the volt gauge.

Vhyle

^ I'm going to do that as well. I picked up a Dorman on-off-on switch from Auto Zone last night... 4 bucks, and it's a 3 way. So this way, I can wire in a low and high speed. I'm already having issues with my blower switch so I'm just gonna go ahead and bypass it altogether. I'm not gonna waste time if it will just end up screwing up again, especially if it involved a melted fuse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks