• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

height and weight of a deuce multi-fuel engine?

madsam

What is the hight and weight of a multifuel engine?

I have a 5 ton, so I have not worked on these yet. Can it be used in another vehicle like an old dodge or is it to heavy?

RE: hight and weight od a duece multifuel engine?

i believe a fully dressed deuce multifuel weights around 1800#. ill check the measurements today and see how tall it is and length

madsam

Thanks for your replies, I was just wondering because my old dodge is all warn out (250k miles), but is has good axles. I need to rebuild the engine/trany but thought it would be interesting to make it either diesel or MF. I just don't know if it would fit or if the axles can take the weight.

houdel

From the M35A2 data plates I have:

LOA 262 1/2" wo/w, 277 W/W
WOA 96"
Height 114-11/16 " reduceable to 81 WO/W"; 112-1/16 reduceable to 79-11/16 W/W
Weight 13,030 lbs WO/W, 13530 lbs W/w

madsam

So it looks a little heavy for a 1/2 ton pickup. But if you get deuce axles, then you might be stressing out the frame.. And by that point maybe it would be better to do a bobbed deuce if you want a smaller multi fuel. May be cheaper too.