• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello Again from Hixson Tennesse!

Jeeagle

Been a member for a while when I needed help with out M274 Mule, But now upgrading to bigger things and hoping to get more help and maybe help others!

Name's Devan and I help run the Motor Pool at the Flight Museum in Hixson TN. I do my best to keep them in great running order and always open for some tips and tricks on doing so! The biggest differance in our museum and others is that we use our equipment. My vehicles get used on a weekly deal. I offer rides and training in them to other members and visitors. (with donations of course)

Our current line up

M274 A5 Mule (forget year)
1953 M38A1 Jeep
1970 M35A2 Deuce and Half

WP_000368 (2).jpg

Recently just acquired the M35A2. Has 30K miles with 800 Hours on the Whites LD-465 1c non turbo engine. Runs fine, no abnormal noises, good oil pressure and generally rust free as I understand it. The Bows are in deplorable shape however and will need new troop bench seats at some point. The winch works in all respects and all the tires are free from any major dry rot and cracking. The oil/grease drips are almost non existent.

Major Fixes is to re secure the driver side Boot for the axle, Complete Filter set, Clean the fuel tank out as I believe what I found on here it has that White build up on the filler area?

The M38A1 and M274A5 we got together. I've done a myrid of things to them ranging from springs, brakes, wiring, complete oil/grease service. The M38A1 will be getting a 100% new 24V wiring harness here soon.

For those curious Also included a few Shots with our Birds in them. T28 Bravo, T28 Alpha, and a Beech C45H
WP_000235.jpgWP_000309.jpg

WP_000488.jpg

Any questions or interest feel Free to ask!

-Devan

Artisan

Orange County Ground, Cherokee 4377Whiskey at Martin w/ Bravo, request taxi to active.................77whiskey proceed, caution 727 startup terminal and wake turbulence from active. GAWD I MISS Planes...............

Al Harvey

I think it's awesome how you are actually still using the vehicles and they don't just sit like many other museums. I'm not too far from you and next time I head down that way I'll have to stop in and check it out. Hopefully in the next couple of years I'll be able to get our museum project started.

Jeeagle

The Bravo, Alpha, and the Beech all fly! In fact they (T-28) flew over the Talladega race this year. Hixson is located just north of Chattanooga.

The mule is kinda weird, in the since it is a A5 but has a A4 bed on it from what I can tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks