• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello All, I could use some help

RobF.

Hello all, Fisrt I would like to say it looks like you guys have a great thing going here and I look forward to being a part of it. I am currently trying to purchase 2 maybe 3 Lvs Mk48/14's for a new business that im trying to start. But I am having trouble locating them. Any information that I can get would be most appreciated. So far I have checked out the Gov. Liquidation site and called them but they do not have any listed and have no idea if the ever have or if they ever will. So I then turned my attention to the DRMS web site but I have had little success there also. Next I tried to call DRMO in Barstow Ca. But have not had any luck getting any one to answer the phone. Lastly I put in a call to Oshkosh to try and buy new trucks since even if I do find surplus ones they will have to be certified as new by the factory before I can work them. So here I am now, It looks like there are a bunch of very knowledge people here that already own great vehicles so I'm hoping that some one can clue me in.

Thanks,

Robert

RobF.

Thanks for the replys guys. ya I'm planning on these costing a bit but the idea is to work them not just as toys. Though I do look forward to driving one of these beasts again. My MOS in the Marine Corps. was 3533 so I have a little experience behind the wheel and sure miss it.

I think you will have problems finding the Front Power Unit. The Rear Body Units sell on GL in various forms, but I have only seen the fronts, or complete units, in museum collections. Today 14:01

I haven't been able to find anything for them other than pistons on GL, is there a special way I should seach for them? And how often does GL get new items.

3dAngus

You can't get the front power units, just the trailers. The cabs are prevalent at Albany, but even they have to be scrapped or demiled on site with a govt. witness, so bring your ax and blowtorch.

They have released a few of them a while back, but it will be a long long time before you see them again.

So most people buy the trailers and modify them for their needs, as appropriate, depending on their vehicles and type of trailer.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all, Fisrt I would like to say it looks like you guys have a great thing going here and I look forward to being a part of it. I am currently trying to purchase 2 maybe 3 Lvs Mk48/14's for a new business that im trying to start. But I am having trouble locating them. Any information that I can get would be most appreciated. So far I have checked out the Gov. Liquidation site and called them but they do not have any listed and have no idea if the ever have or if they ever will. So I then turned my attention to the DRMS web site but I have had little success there also. Next I tried to call DRMO in Barstow Ca. But have not had any luck getting any one to answer the phone. Lastly I put in a call to Oshkosh to try and buy new trucks since even if I do find surplus ones they will have to be certified as new by the factory before I can work them. So here I am now, It looks like there are a bunch of very knowledge people here that already own great vehicles so I'm hoping that some one can clue me in.

Thanks,

Robert
If that is a requirement, get new

RobF.

If that is a requirement, get new[/QUOTE]

I need new trucks for the pref that It gets you for Govt contracts but I don't think OshKosh will sell me new ones. But I did place a call with them today and Im waiting to hear back from there sales manager. But they do advertise on there web site that they do have a rebuild and retro fit program which I had talked to them about a couple years ago. This project had since been put on a back burner but now I am hoping to get it going. Im hoping that buying good used vehicles and having them rebuild I could save a little cash.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks