• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everyone

justkyle

I am a member on numerous car forums, mainly old chevelle forums.

I joined here to find information out on a deuce that I inherited from my Dad. He had the truck since the late '90's and it is taking up too much room at my brothers house. So, I will be taking over the storage and maintenance (and also the fun) that comes with owning one. So far, this forum is a great resource.

justkyle

Thank you. Deuces have been in my family for a long time. Somehow we lost all the CD's manuals my Dad purchased years ago. At one time, my Dad had 4 Deuces and this is the last surviving one. All of the others were sold off after he passed away. The kids absolutely love cruising around town in one.

justkyle

Just remember "green fever" is contagious! Welcome to the misery.:roll:
Yeah, they are definitely addictive. I am glad I got it from my brother before it started turning into a gigantic olive drab planter/rust pile. He already cost me a top. Went to look at it the other day and the canvas is completely shot. It was brand new when he inherited it.

justkyle

Have any pictures?
Make and Model?
Not at this time. My step mom has all the original info and pictures. I think my brother has some that I will try to get when I pick it up. The truck was purchased in 1997 at DRMO on Ft. Lewis. I might be wrong, but I think the truck was originally registered as a '68, then overhauled and when it was purchased it was registered as a '92.

zout

For sure welcome aboard the madness train. You have a great bunch of members out your way (from the lies I have heard here).

Post pics of the truck when you can - or better yet:
nopics

So - nwo you know you have it - what are your plans !!

justkyle

So - nwo you know you have it - what are your plans !!
After I do all the needed maintenance, I will just use it to cruise around in and give the kids rides. It has a lot of sentimental value. My Dad spent a lot of time working on it and it was in really good shape, it still is other than the canvas being rotted.

I need to bleed the brakes, re-torque the heads, change the oil and filters and it should be good to go for a long time. The Truck has very low miles/hours on it.

I will be researching different types of oil that are recommended for the White multi-fuel engines. Right now, it runs about 80-90 psi when cold and takes forever for it to drop. I don't want to blow any seals in the Turbocharger. I believe it has Delo 30wt in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks