• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a New Guy in New Oxford PA

Les Bush

Hello all from New Oxford Pa.

I joined SS because I have become interested in MV and in particular A DEUCE. Getting my feet wet here so I can learn before I take a dip in the motor pool.

I currently have a 1980 Jeep CJ-7 that I bought and retubbed then coated it inside and out with Monstaliner. I would like to get rid of this piece either via sale or trade for a deuce.

Anyway I'm probably getting ahead of myself or just rambling but I'd like to learn more about the deuce and then go from there.

Thanks,
Les

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, if you want to learn about MV's this is the place . It is a good idea to become familer with the site rules , they are there for a reason . Since it's a duece you have your eye on get into the duece forum and start reading this will keep you busy for the next couple of months , but somewhere in that forum anything you want to know about a duece is covered . See if you can find a member near you they will usually be some one close who is willing to show you around a duece if ask in a polite manner . But one of the most important things to remember is always do a search before post question , the search function can suck at times , but if you have made a attempt to find the answer and can't by all means ask . By seaching it hepls you gain knowledge that simply getting a answer dosen't do , and as some new members have said it keeps the cranky old members from getting crankier . TM's are free for download at www.jatonkam35s.com download the operators manuel start reading . Welcome to the addiction

197thhhc

Welcome to the site. Do your homework before you jump in and buy a deuce. If you learn alot about them then you will enjoy the ownership experiance much more.

Tlauden

:ditto:
Hello from one new guy to another, i am in the exact same boat your in and i have been reading post after post on here trying to get familier with a deuce before purchasing. i couldnt agree more with what porkysplace told ya, reading is key, and when you think your done reading, read some more. Tons of info here from what seems like a site filled with people more than willing to help out.

LanceRobson

Welcome to the crew.

If you look at the "upcoming events" forum you'll see that there are swap meets/shows coming up in Jim Thorpe, PA and in NJ. There is also a group getting together at the Rausch Creek off road park in April. You'd be welcome at any event with or without an MV.

Also, one of the biggest MV shows/swap meets in the country is just down the road from you in Aberdeen, MD in May.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks