• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Illinois!

sdlopez

Hello SteelSoldiers

I found out about this forum through a airsoft/reenacting forum and it seems like a great wealth of knowledge to be a part of. I am from the chicagoland area of Illinois, I am an avid airsofter although I consider myself a history nut and try to play airsoft more as a re-enactor instead of the "video game" crowd that is out there for all of the running and trigger time that they can get. I also read a lot on war history, and watch any documentaries I can get my hands on. My militaria collection is a conglomerate of U.S. army cold war era gear,U.S. vietnam era gear, some soviet era pins and medals, and one or two pieces of WWII gear.

Currently I do not own a military vehicle, but I am hoping to change that as soon as possible. I've gotten into a reenacting group over the last two years and started helping them out with their vehicle restorations. And while this group is well stocked with welders, mechanics and machinists I found a nitch doing upholstery work for them. And I guess this is where I put in the plug :roll:.

I've started making M35 seats and backs to sell, and I am setting the money aside for a restoration project of my own. I've performed a few miracles taking information from a soaking, rotting carcass of a seat and rebuilding a new one next to it that will fit like the factory

So I look forward to being a part of this forum, learning what I can and maybe even teaching a thing or two. Keep an eye on my classifieds and don't hesitate to shoot me a message with a question or project concerning the upholstery side of vehicles.

I uploaded some photos of my work on my gallery

-Steve L.

Attachments

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, lots of good info here. Make sure you search the site before you ask questions, this will keep the thread police from getting you! Lots of good people in the southwest burbs if you need help.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve,
Welcome from Kentucky, spent my college days running around Plainfield. Went to Lewis University.
I have several seats that need TLC.
JC

Last edited:

sdlopez

Thanks for the advice everyone

@Scar59 - I know Lewis University very well. It is a beautiful campus, great flying school, and a few buildings are converted aircraft hangers. I went a little further away from my home town for college, had more fun that way :)