• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Michigan

MaverickFlyBoy

Hey everyone. Hope it's alright im posting before I actually have a truck...

Anyways I'm obviously new to the MIlitary truck world. Looking to purchase my first M35A2 (Or something similar) truck soonish. Although knowing me it will probably be a while before I can save up enough to actually do so. Anyways, I look foward to learning all I can and seeing pictures of everyone elses trucks in the meantime! I prefer one's with the bigger single wheels over the smaller duallys on the rear axles.

I mainly want a Military truck as an off road toy and something I can take my wife and daughter up in our local sand dunes. I feel like while I won't be breaking any speed records or climbing the massive steep dunes I can still have plenty of fun in a Duece and maybe help some poor sucker out who gets their smaller vehicle stuck! Plus I'd love to be able to drive it to work one a week or so just to show it off since I dont have any highway driving for me to get to work!

Little bit about me I am a Navy Vet from 2014-2018. Worked on Catapults and Arresting Gear on Aircraft Carriers so I'd like to think I'm somewhat Machanically inclined. Currently work in the Chemical Industry as a Plant Operator. Hopefully can transition into maintenance soon. Also as you can tell by my user name my second love is Military Aviation.

Look foward to learning all I can.

Thanks!

68t

welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service, This is the place to be. I did live in westland MI. also been in the sand dunes, alone the lake, a fun place.