• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Minnesota

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just picked up my first diesel and my first CUCV 1984 m1009. I'm both afraid and excited for the journey!View attachment 931889
Welcome to the Outfit!

Don't hesitate to download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your "New To You" truck. Post us some more pics as well. Especially under the hood so we can help you solve problems if your factory wiring has been hacked up.

Again, welcome to the group!

Sack

Welcome to the Outfit!

Don't hesitate to download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your "New To You" truck. Post us some more pics as well. Especially under the hood so we can help you solve problems if your factory wiring has been hacked up.

Again, welcome to the group!
Thank you man ! I found the TMs started reading last night. I’ll definitely be needing them.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you man ! I found the TMs started reading last night. I’ll definitely be needing them.
Good Deal! Yessir, they are dry reading but they will help you a lot if you need info...

Looks like somebody did a bypass on the glowplugs. That can be fixed or be just fine. Only need to push that button for maybe 10 seconds when you go to start her up. The wiring under the dash is a bit of a mess, and out under the hood looks pretty good. I suggest taking the #10 red wire off the "bus bar" (second pic, behind the master cylinder) off and cleaning those connections. Polish them up so they look like new, then apply a little anti-oxidant paste. Anywhere else that it looks like that - so the same.

Sack

Good Deal! Yessir, they are dry reading but they will help you a lot if you need info...

Looks like somebody did a bypass on the glowplugs. That can be fixed or be just fine. Only need to push that button for maybe 10 seconds when you go to start her up. The wiring under the dash is a bit of a mess, and out under the hood looks pretty good. I suggest taking the #10 red wire off the "bus bar" (second pic, behind the master cylinder) off and cleaning those connections. Polish them up so they look like new, then apply a little anti-oxidant paste. Anywhere else that it looks like that - so the same.
Never even heard of anti-oxidant paste, already learning! I'll pick some up, thanks for that tip.