• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Oklahoma

cavtrooper78

Hello from Oklahoma

my name is Jeremy and I acquired an M35 a few weeks ago. I’ve been perusing the site and gleaning what I can. The previous owner that I bought the deuce from needed to use it for a parade so I won’t pick it up until tomorrow. First thing I plan to do is paint it all one color. I’m going to go with plain green as that was the color of the first truck I learned to drive in the army (an m35A1). I’d love to try to find an original winch for the truck, but they’re proving hard to find.

Attachments

Reactions: HDN

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a plug come out on my way home from picking up the deuce. Anyone have a part number for this, or a compatible number? It’s the large plug not the small one.
That is actually a "fording plug" that you would screw into the bottom of the bell housing. You may have a slight leak at your rear main seal - but honestly - it looks like an "old leak" rather than something new. Actually better off without it...

No need for a plug there.

cavtrooper78

That is actually a "fording plug" that you would screw into the bottom of the bell housing. You may have a slight leak at your rear main seal - but honestly - it looks like an "old leak" rather than something new. Actually better off without it...

No need for a plug there.
That’s kind of a relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlandedith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello from Oklahoma

my name is Jeremy and I acquired an M35 a few weeks ago. I’ve been perusing the site and gleaning what I can. The previous owner that I bought the deuce from needed to use it for a parade so I won’t pick it up until tomorrow. First thing I plan to do is paint it all one color. I’m going to go with plain green as that was the color of the first truck I learned to drive in the army (an m35A1). I’d love to try to find an original winch for the truck, but they’re proving hard to find.
Hello from Tulsa Oklahoma

cavtrooper78

In fact it looks like the "fording plug" is still in it's storage spot, to the right in the photo.

"Sent w/o me knowing"
The last time I drove a deuce much less PMCS’d one was in 1998. After that I was a 1SG driver and a CSM driver and was in a hwmmv most of the time. I’m not surprised I either completely forgot about that, or never even knew.

Reactions: 98G

cavtrooper78

Welcome to the site! And nice truck :cool: If I got a bedless deuce I'd consider putting a LMTV bed on it. Sometimes dropsides are a nice thing to have!
I really like the bed. I wish the brackets that held the troop seats up would stay in place though. They keep sliding off in transit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks