• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from VT

DavidVT

Hello,
I've lurked on and off for years. I had a 1980 dually Dodge military ambulance (AF blue) for a few years which I have since donated to a local Dodge enthusiast.

I am now returning to SS to learn about and look for a Deuce or 5 ton.

My 99 Dodge Ram CTD is about dead from rust and I would like something to replace it that is over the top for those snowy nights when the car can't clear the snow drifts.... :)

David

LanceRobson

Hello, my name is Lance an I am an addict....

Welcome aboard.

You might want to plan on getting rid of the stock NDT tires or buying chains. The NDTs aren't much good in snow or ice, especially on hills. We've got one deuce with singled 11.00R20 XLs and it will go places that our other deuce and five ton stuff won't have a chance of going. The singed truck will go through snow drifts (fairly dry snow) up to the bottom of the bumper. I haven't drive it enough on ice to tell how they handle it.

I have a set of NOS 9.00-20 dual chains for the dual tire deuce but haven't tried them yet. The last time I used chains on a deuce as about 25 years ago. They help but still aren't great on steep terrain or ice.

Lance

surfdog

We've got one deuce with singled 11.00R20 XLs and it will go places that our other deuce and five ton stuff won't have a chance of going. The singed truck will go through snow drifts (fairly dry snow) up to the bottom of the bumper. I haven't drive it enough on ice to tell how they handle it.
Welcome from upstate NY.

I have a singled out deuce with the 1100r20 street tread tires that I have a plow (and dump) on - I agree that the singled tires are far superior to NDTs. Jump over to this thread if you want to see some pics of it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/62982-jatonkas-winter-project-m35-dump-plow-truck.html