• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello! Newb from Cincinnati Ohio!

Nickhuts

Hey all! I am really here doing my research on a m35a2. For some reason I fell hard for them! It's kinda hard not to! I plan on buying one whenever I find a good one available. I would like to bob it. I have a little bit of fab experience with building jeeps over the years and would like to weld up some real steel!
I'm live in Monroe Ohio and would love to check some local trucks and really get some hands on. There is a lot of great information on here.
thanks for such a great site!
-Nick

61sleepercab

Welcome from West Virginia neighbor. Try to find a local truck and bum some ride/driver seat time with a deuce and a 5 ton both. You may not have to have CDL license if you are not hauling for pay for someone else. Check out insurance and registration costs. I have a deuce and a 5 ton both and will keep only one truck long term. I am leaning toward 5 ton with the power steering and full air brakes. Bobbers are ok in my book, kind of an adult TONKA TOY for guys. Lots of examples to learn from on the site, a lot look factory with clean lines and good looking beds. Most fun so far was the day we went to town during flood with 5 ton and picked up passengers who were stranded by high water along the way. I was the only vehicle to get through that day and I did not have problems as the guard rails were visible above the water and I knew the road from driving 20 some years. Water bumper high no problem for careful operation. Have fun keep it slow, do not tail gate anything you do not want to runover!!!! Mark

Welcome aboard.
There are many trucks in the area.
I have a typical Deuce if you want to look one over and go for a ride. I'm in Colerain Township (Dunlap).

Nickhuts

Welcome aboard.
There are many trucks in the area.
I have a typical Deuce if you want to look one over and go for a ride. I'm in Colerain Township (Dunlap).
Yes sir! I will definitely take you up on that offer!
It would be great to ride in one! Wow thank you.
when is the next time your getting it out?

FloridaAKM

Welcome from Florida to the green(tan) iron madness. Once the disease gets a hold on you, you are forever doomed to looking for the next one! When your wife or GF gets wind of what you are planning, the storm starts! Good luck!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and I sent you a PM about your question on my truck.