• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello

dzmedia

Hey fellas,

been on a short time trying to read as much as i can. I am in the market/looking at a n 35a2. Have lots of questions. Hope to learn more and more with each day.

Images of truck i am interested in located further down in thread in This post

Last edited:

BadMastard

Welcome to the party. Your're in the right spot, check out the new members section for things that may apply, and I enjoyed reading about GL auctions. It's information overload, but when I bought mine, it was exactly what I needed.

BadMastard

ODw/envy

Stamps are much cheaper and rarely lead to heart conditions.

Welcome. The more you read here the better prepared you will be. There are some fine and upstanding individuals to be found here within.

I might suggest a truck from one of the reputable "professionals" in the business. May be cheaper than an auction in the long run. 15-16 hundred sounds good until you get into a recovery operation. Ask me how I know. :wink:

I would not change a thing looking back though. [thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SteelSoldiers welcomes the new guy from the Show-Me-State aboard :grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare to get underway :driver:

Where in Mo. are you :?: (You might want to add it to your profile - It's very helpful to the other troops.) There are quite a few active SS in your state. You might get to hook up with them... maybe go for a check-out ride before you buy. Even get some first-hand mentorship.

Again...
W E L C O M E aboard :jumpin:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard the crazy train! The info found here is valuable when you are trying to get it right the first time.

The info is also useful to find out where you did something wrong.

Rick

dzmedia

Thanks for the welcomes and the helpful tips. I will add to location after this post. Ive attached some images of the M im looking at. Its 5 hours away or so so i am trying to get as many details as i can on it. If you guys want to take a look and let me know what you think of the condition of the truck that would be awesome.

Attachments

Last edited:

dzmedia

I am going to get one later today. I inquired about the missing part. Was told the bonnet/mushroom is included with truck The owner before this one. removed the stock filter and ran PVC pipe to the motor instead of the stock piece. The filter housing is still there its just empty. He also replaced the Bonnet with the cone filter. I can see how this might benefit with greater air flow to the motor but looks a little silly.

steelandcanvas

I sincerely doubt that modification made any great horsepower gains. Get a stock filter (lots of vendors, just ask) and put the bonnet back on. Also there will be alot less teasing if you get around a bunch of MV Guys.

bigjmcconnell

Welcome to the forum. So do you think you'll bring this one home? I'm not near qualified enough to give you a recomendationrofl I agree with the posts above, there are tons of folks with parts for these trucks.

dzmedia

Thank you

Im hoping i bring it home. Right now its almost just a matter of the getting there and making a trade. I think if i do take it home my first mods i would like to do is turn the fuel down to factory, install pyro/boost gauge Then tweak the fuel/boost up. it has boost gauge but thats kinda useless without an EGT gauge. Replace the new intake with the factory intake. Install a muffler on the exhaust stack. And then look into getting some air ride/spring seats for the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks