• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help choosing the right lift kit parts.....

Drock

I promise I read all I could about lift kits before starting another lift thread:drool:. I really didn't want to lift my M1028, but the front springs are shot. And I really should do the rear U-bolt flip as mine look a little scary. I only want to do a 2" lift which is proving difficult to find kits for. I called around and It seems my best bet is a skyjacker kit #C125CK-H. However the guy from skyjacker told me it would be cheaper to buy the parts individually sense I wouldn't need the rear U-bolts that come with these kits because of the M1028 rear springs being too big. So now I need help finding a U-bolt flip kit for a 2" lift and any advise from the lift experts. Thanks

Chaski

Call around to some commercial truck and heavy equipment parts places. Someone will have a U-boat machine. That way you can get exactly the length you want. Just take a cloth tape and use it to make a u around the axle the length you want. Blanks normally come in 2" increments.

18271 tuff country front springs are another good option. In the back I have a 2.5" shackle flip with heavy duty shackles and really like the way it performs.

Ilikemtb999

I have the 2"HD lift tuff country springs up front. My springs were so saggy it raised it 3.5". They ride nice and flex well with my sway disconnect.

i originally had 2" blocks in the back but switched to a zero lift shackle flip and 6" long shackles.

Drock

Oh okay I didn't know the shackle flips came in 2". I thought they were all 4" like everything else. Who makes the 2" shackle flip? And who makes a u bolt flip for a stock m1028 then?

Ilikemtb999

I bought u bolts and plates from ruff stuff specialities for my rear flip. Everything lined up great and came in cheaper than offroad design. ORD has a 2.5" flip kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks