• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Demounting PLS 3 piece lockring tires

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just checking to make sure I have gotten this right. I got some G20's that were supposed to be on M818 friendly rims, they aren't. Turns out they are mounted on the older PLS Trailer 3 piece wheels and are not like any lock ring wheel I have broke down in the past. So before I screw up and damage me or the rims I want to make sure I have it right.
1 one remove air & valve core from tire
2 use lever bar to push sidewall down from slide ring
3 start at one end of lock ring and pry up out of slide ring & remove
4 remove O ring
5 remove slide ring
6 flip over and remove wheel from tire
In the picture below from wehring's post the big part = wheel, 2nd biggest = slide ring. 3rd = lock ring, O ring= O ring

And if anybody has a use for the wheels let me know before the go to the scrap pile.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If the gasket is wedge shaped, I'd hold onto it. I have some I got out of LAV rims and I cut wedges out of the gasket to use in the deuce axle keyway, rather than the cork gasket that is stock.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well Chris since you didn't say that was the wrong way I went ahead and did one. Figured out I left out step, 2a use a mallet to then knock slide ring down a little. The one I did had the wedge shaped O ring. That is the heaviest wheel I have ever messed with and this is from a former tanker who changed road wheels!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wasn't sure, but it sure looked similar to the LAV wheel design. Yes, they are no fun to spend time on!