• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Figuring out what kind of truck I have

Firefighter1303

Hello Everyone I have gotten this truck from my Vollie Fire Department that I am a member of for doing some fab work on another truck, My bill of sale says that it is a 1954 Kaiser The data plate is blank except for Stock Number 2320008358463 With Reo as Manf. there is a number on the frame that I have Posted on Carnac's Vin thread. So I took some pictures so maybe some of you guys could point me in the right way so here are the pics.
Thanks

Attachments

madsam

It should say the model on the dash plates near the glove compartment. I looks like a multifuel m35 without a bed. It is all set up to be bobbed..;-)

m376x6

The thing that caught my eye is the turbo. I've never seen one like that. Anyone have any info on it?

Regards,
M376X6

Firefighter1303

Well the truck had a bed on it, that he tad a 1500Gal Poly tank inside. I move the tank and bed over on to a '99 GMC topkick Ch.assis, and I was given the rest, I runs great and drives great, a little slow to take off but other wise 55 on hwy. The data plate doesn't tell alot, the top has a plate on it listing its as a M44 or M39 top with a date of 5/7/53. The motor data plate was sanded or blasted down before the motor was painted who knows when although it has 1709 stamped in it.... As far as I can tell the motor is a 465 dont know if C or D other wise I am going to Bobb it down as a play toy to ride the kids around town. The Cab and Frame are in great shape no rust at all lIGHT BAR Dose still work and it has a PTO facing the Rear that was hooked to a Hale Pump Thinking it was a water or fuel truck in the first of it life but just guessing. thanks guys.

The frame says 2793 L A 35 D

Last edited:

kc5mzd

Nice truck. If you are going to bob it I would recomend checking out GL for a m105a2 trailer to make into a bed. I recently picked up a couple for $170.00 ea. I am considering bobing one of my trucks and using a M105a2 for a bed.

kc5mzd

The thing that caught my eye is the turbo. I've never seen one like that. Anyone have any info on it?
I wonder if it could be a LDS instead of a LDT? I have LDT "D" and "C" trucks and it does not look like either of them.

Firefighter1303

I have had a couple of people tell me it is 465. Did they make a motor diffrent than these two, it has a 427 IP on it. but a guy told me that they will fit either way. I have not gotten a chance to get the casting numbers off of the head or block, where can I check them when I do?

Firefighter1303

Ok cool thanks for the picture,,, I see that I am missing a couple of pieces from the turbo, I have a flat plate with 4 bolts below the air intake from the filter above the rubber hose connection. What is that part and is it needed?

Firefighter1303

I have only had the truck a month or so, My Department bought the truck for $1520 and I got it for around 120 or so hours of fab work at my on pace so basiclly free..... I don't know about the head lights but all of the lights work even the light bar.... the 4 red flash, have high and low on the headlights and turn signals.... love the light bar with built in siren,,,, but that's the firefighter in me,,, my kids love the whole truck..... Wife just rolls her eyes when I say anything about it.... She is burnt out with 4x truck from my '67 CJ-5 Jeep.... Jeep stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket"

jatonka

If the injector pump says LDS-427, and I know the turbo is what is on my LDS-427, I think your whole engine is an LDS-427. Not the worst thing to have, more horsepower and torque that the 465 makes. just keep the rpms at 2500 or below, don't lug below 1500 rpms and enjoy. JT out

madsam

I did not notice the lights.. I think you are right. I like it.. For a mod it ain't bad.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't have a use for the PTO that drove the pump I'd love to take it off your hands.