• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help.i dont know how connects it

reom34

This is the air compressor governor for my reo m34.
I bought it to Memphis Equipment but know I dont know how connect it.
In the governor I can see the next " In or exit"????.

EXH
UNL
RES
What is it? and how can I Connect it?
Thanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EXH...leave it open. That's the exhaust for the gov.
UNL...That is the out signal to the compressor to tell the unloader to make the comp stop pumping
RES...the signal from the air tank, (tank pressure), to the gov so the gov can tell the comp to stop pumping, (UNL).
HTH, Will

reom34

Thanks Will.

Then the EXH is allways open.
But which is the correct connect for air horns and tee air distributor?
And which will be the correct connect for air from compresor to governor?

I hope you can understand because my English is so bad.
Thanks

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the exh is open. Remove the plug in it now and use it to plug another hole. Here's a rough scetch, hope it helps.
Sorry, the little tag with my name on it covered part of it. It should say to plug the front and back holes and use the bottom one to hook up the unloader line to the compressor.

Attachments

Jones

What might be a little confusing it the fact that the governor can be mounted in several different positions; left, right or center (also known as remote)-- that's why the extra ports. If bolted to the compressor, two ports are automatically lined up; but if mounted on a bracket to the firewall, use one port for each of the reservoir and unloader connections and plug the unused two. The exhaust just runs to the atmosphere so any one of them left open is good. If wasps or other nesting insects are a problem in your area; a small piece of screen in the exhaust port will help keep the passage clear.
Hope this is helpful.