• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help. I need battery trays for the cucv.

ida34

I tried every vender listed in Military Vehicles Magazine and it was no help. I have also modified my list of items needed in the classifieds.

I am in urgent need of cucv battery trays with the reinforcement plates for the bottom of the inner fender. My inner fender is swiss cheese and in the middle of replacing it I found the reinforcement plates rusted out. The front tray had a rusted out leg. I would like to replace both trays but really must find the reinforcement plates so that the batteries do not rip apart the new inner fender. Oddly enough I had a couple of 6tl's sitting around and plan to use them in the truck so I really need a solid place to put them.

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

I wish it was that easy. The battery used on the cucv is the same as on other military trucks. It uses 2 6tls and they both mount on the passengers side of the truck. The factory civy truck uses two normal size batteries with one mounted on the driver's side and one mounted on the passenger's side. The 6tls would not fit in these locations. This is one of the differences between the civy and they military chevys. My local dealer has no knowledge of the military d10 blazer and no way to look up parts. I don't think the military parts are available through the normal gm parts network. The d10 is the military blazer and I think the cucv truck is a d30 instead of the civy k10 and k30 designation.

CCATLETT1984

I'll dig through my TM and get the PN's in the morning, I doubt that you will find them anywhere but a junkyard or on ebay/through a member here though. I bet that it would prolly be better to take the old set (or whats left of it) to a local metal shop and ask them to bend up some new ones for ya. I can take measurements and pics of mine if you need.

ida34

Thanks Jeff. I had been looking at it but that is just to far away to get the whole thing. I am also looking at some trucks coming up for auction at Selfridge that are obviously not running but good for parts.

I do have enough to be able to fabricate a suitable replacement for the plates and it would be fairly easy to fix my trays. I only hoped I could get replacements before resorting to fabricating.

ida34

Mangus PMed me the same info and today he PMed that he had the stuff. Great new. You were right. Alot of rust. I just want to get it on the road right now. I need somewhere to put the batteries. I see some rust on the fender and am very tempted to replace it also. I really hate to put a new inner fender in when the outer fender is rusting too. It is really hard for me not to try to fix everything but that is not what this one is about. I actually hope I can get a good body to transfer my good drivetrain to. I am looking at some of the ones at Selfridge with the engine out. Have you looked over any of them? I glanced at them when I picked mine up but I did not look real close. A parts truck would be nice to have.

Chuck

lavarok

this is really old....but were u able to fix ur battery tray issue...?

my inner fender is beginning to really rust out..so im curious.....
If it is just the inner fender, replace it and reuse the existing battery trays. You might not have the added support built in to the fender, but it will work fine.